Are you troubled by the problem of Xfinity WiFi connected but no internet access? You have also talked to Xfinity team about this but till now no solution is found.
It is critical to have everything in order whenever you begin to accomplish any work. However, when this job is unknown owing to a lack of internet connectivity, we become concerned.
In such a situation, the problem of no internet bothers you a lot; we have come before you with the solution to this. Where you will know the different types of reasons and their solutions, due to which you get to see this problem.
If the problem of xfinity wifi connected no internet is being seen, then you can easily fix this problem by restarting your WiFi router, power outage check, running a ping test, resetting the gateway, clearing cache, and checking the connection wire.
Why Does My Xfinity Wi-Fi Say Connected But No Internet?
Before moving towards the solution, you have to know the reason for this, after which the problem of xfinity wifi hotspot connected but no internet access can be easily resolved.
If your Xfinity Wi-Fi says “Connected, but no Internet,” it implies your device is connected to your router/modem but is unable to access the Internet due to a broken router, DNS issues, IP address issues, or your device’s cache storage being full.
Compatibility concerns between the network device and the router are another common cause of this problem. In this case, you must pay particular attention to the following:
- Your Internet Service Provider, which is providing you a connection to the server, if there is an interruption in it, then the problem of No Internet is seen.
- Sometimes the device’s firewall does not allow internet access. In this way, you can also see server down status.
- The problem of WiFi being connected but having no internet can also be seen due to the network configuration not being set up properly.
- Sudden changes in weather can result in weak signals between your fiber optical cable and your wireless connection. Due to which internet connectivity gets affected.
- Any kind of hardware damage in the router also aggravates the problem.
- In case of not being able to update the software, it will continue to bring you internet-related problems.
Steps To Fix Xfinity WiFi Connected But No Internet Access
Let us now try to know, what are the solutions with the help of which the problem of xfinity wifi no internet can be resolved in minutes?
The first thing you have to do is turn off your router or modem. Wait 30 to 40 seconds. Now turn on the modem and router. After waiting for 1 minute, you check that your internet has come.
Check to see if your ISP is down
If your device isn’t obtaining an internet connection and the WiFi light is turned on, you know the issue is with the internet service provider.
As a result, we recommend that this type of identification be performed anytime rebooting or changing the wire comes to mind.
You can talk to your service provider about this as the internet connection may be down in your area for some time which gets fixed within a few hours.
Make Sure Your Router Settings Permissions Are Correct
We make decisions in haste but do not check whether the settings of the router have been set properly or have not been done.
In this case, the problem of xfinity wifi says connected but no internet access appears. You may just need to check its router settings.
If this permission is not set properly then rebooting is of no use as the problem lies with your router settings.
Let us know how to fix the problem of no internet connection:
- With the help of your computer and laptop, you can identify the problem.
- You’ll need to open CMD for this.
- After you’ve opened the command prompt program, type ipconfig and hit enter.
- The default gateway IP will then show in front of you.
- Copy this number and paste it into your browser.
- In this web browser, you specify the default gateway IP address and press enter.
- This brings up the router’s management interface.
- You’ll need the login id and password for this.
- You proceed to the settings page after providing your ID and password.
- The MAC address featuring the option will be provided in this location.
- You must determine whether or not this mac-address is disabled.
- By doing just this, all your settings will be set properly and your router will be running.
Your Wi-Fi Router Must Be Restarted
Now we are telling you such a method, after which the problem of xfinity wifi no internet connection iPhone can be solved. All you have to do is restart your router, which is complete in a few seconds.
- To do this you have to remove all power cables.
- Wait 60 seconds and reconnect the power cables to your router.
- After this the rebooting process completes.
If it is not able to be fixed by this means also then we are telling you the alternative option which is possible through Xfinity application:
- All you have to do is go to your Xfinity My Account.
- Here click on the Internet option.
- Suck your modem router.
- After clicking on the Restart device option, you will see that within a few minutes your router reboots completely.
After rebooting the internet connectivity starts getting better. If it is still not happening then you can proceed to the next step.
Examine the Modem Lights
You also have to see what kind of light is blinking on the modem in case of no internet connection. You also have to take care that the light of the modem should not blink continuously and should not be completely off.
If this happens then you may need to talk to your Internet service provider.
In rare cases, the DSL light will remain on or green, but the WiFi will not be able to give internet connectivity. In this case, you should turn it off for a few seconds and then resume it to see if the internet is up and running. If Xfinity Router Blinking Orange Light then your router trying to connect with the network.
Examine your antivirus or other security software
We use different types of devices to access Spectrum Internet and these devices install antivirus software to secure it.
Antivirus software can potentially slow down your internet connection. If you are unable to connect to the internet in this case, try disabling your antivirus and other security apps. This must be temporarily disabled.
If internet connectivity is available then it will be understood that this problem is antivirus related.
Change the Router’s Wireless Mode
In this step, we will tell you how to change the wireless mode to solve the problem of xfinity wifi hotspot connected but no internet access:
There are several wireless modes on your Spectrum router, but there is also a default wireless mode that works for most users.
Sometimes older devices are not compatible with this mode due to which network issues can be seen.
- In such a situation, you have to log in to the dashboard of the router and click on the wireless mode option which comes under the setting.
- Here you have to select 802.11b from the dropdown menu, which is given next to the balance mode.
- You check all the settings and restart your WiFi.
- Your problem goes away. If this problem still persists then you can also use 802.11G.
If the problem persists, please contact Spectrum Support directly.
Your Router Must Be Replaced
If you can connect to your network without a router normally, then there is no problem with your device. It merely indicates that your Xfinity router is malfunctioning. It also needs to be changed.
In such a situation, you can take it from the official website of Xfinity, which is also very easy.
Check out Xfinity My Account
Now we are telling you about a method that will also identify the cause of the problem of Xfinity WiFi connected but no internet access and will also try its best to troubleshoot them.
For this, you have to download the Xfinity application and log in to your account. After that follow the steps given below:
- Select the Internet option when you open the program.
- Select the device that is displaying the problem.
- To begin the scan, select the Start Troubleshooting option.
- Then, while the software connects to your smartphone for scanning, scans your system, and analyses its performance, wait a few minutes.
- When the scan is finished, the device screen will display the following message: Restarting your smartphone should take less than 10 minutes.
- Wait a few minutes before checking to see if the Internet is working again.
- If everything is in order, select Yes.
- If not, select No.
- If you choose Yes, you’ll see the message “Glad to hear it all worked out!” along with a green light.
- If you select No, a list of other choices for resolving the problem will appear.
Perform a Ping Test on a regular basis
You need to identify your internet issues by running a ping test. After this Xfinity WiFi is connected but no internet access issues can be resolved easily:
For Windows 7 and Up
- To begin, open a command prompt.
- Press Enter after typing ping -t www.comcast.net.
- Run the output for about a minute before stopping it with “Ctrl + C.”
- Examine the output to see how frequently a Request timed out message appears and that the time=XXms component of each reply is as short as possible, ideally less than 100ms.
- Right-click the mark, move it over the text, copy it by pressing Enter, and then paste the ping result into your article for more assistance.
For Mac OS X
- Select the Ping tab in Applications > Utilities > Network Utility.
- Ping an address, such as www.comcast.net, and set the number of pings to around 100.
- Once it’s done, copy and paste the results into your post for further information.
Update the router if possible
An easy way to fix the xfinity wifi no internet connection iphone problem is to update your router’s firmware from time to time.
By updating the firmware, it will be aware of a variety of things and will also be able to fix the problems that may arise. In this case, you have to follow the steps below:
- Connect the router and the computer with the help of an internet cable.
- Now visit the official website of the router manufacturer to get the firmware update.
- Log on to the Router Management page with your login details.
- After this, you directly reach the download option.
- After all the updates are downloaded, reboot your router.
- Doing so upgrades it and fixes internet-related issues.
Reset Your Network in Its Entirety
Now we are telling you some such way, after which the problem of Xfinity No Internet goes away. Under this method, the entire network has to be reset.
How does a new device work when we reset the entire network, after which all the various settings that we had changed are reset and it starts providing internet connectivity in a suitable way?
- In this case, you have to go to the settings option of your router.
- From here, select the Network and Internet option.
- After this, you have to choose the status option.
- After the status option, you see the network reset option, by clicking on which you can reset it easily.
With the help of the above-mentioned explanations and solutions, we have attempted to resolve the Xfinity WiFi connected but no internet connection issue.
However, if the situation persists, you can seek assistance from the support team.