People used to not use xfinity wifi routers at all, but as time has passed, things have changed, and people now utilize wifi routers to access the internet. Your device received greater connectivity as a result of this. Somewhere along the line, a lot of difficulties began, and the problem of the xfinity router blinking blue no internet became rather widespread. You will be able to learn how to remove it as well as what it implies, in the end, thanks to this blog.
Typically, xfinity routers provide information about their operation by several sorts of color lights, which include signals such as green light blinking, orange light blinking, and blue light flashing. It also depicts internet connectivity in a more accurate manner. Here we will talk about the problem of blue light linking in this blog.
Meaning of Blinking Blue Light Xfinity Router
You need to know what the meaning of xfinity x1 router blinking blue is. When the router is in WPS mode, that is, in wireless protected setup mode, the blue light is blinking in front of you. This indicates that your router is ready to connect with the WiFi device.
As soon as this connection is established, this xfi router blinking blue is dissipated from the screen of your router and it converts to a solid white light.
When you connect your device, it will switch off immediately. You do not need to be concerned, but if it continues to bill over an extended length of time, you should be concerned. Then you realize that the connection has failed. The gadget will no longer be able to connect to your router after this. There are several causes for this, which we will discuss below.
Why Is My Xfinity Modem Blinking Blue
- Getting a weak signal inhibits your router and other devices from establishing a connection for whatever reason. Because the router isn’t sure what frequency it should use to connect to that device. It does not provide internet connectivity even if it is connected; this is due to the sluggish signal.
- You use different types of coaxial cables through which the router is able to get better connectivity. But somewhere if the cable connections are loose then you start having trouble receiving this signal. Therefore, a loose cable connection can also make you suffer from the problem of blue light blinking.
- You have bought a router and have been using it for a long time but have forgotten to update it for some reason.
Fix Xfinity Modem Blinking Blue
Your Xfinity WiFi Router is displaying you a slow or no internet connection. Then you may have an issue with your Xfinity router blue flashing light.
The powercycle should be fixed
When you give different types of downloading requests, some of the pending download requests get noted down and shuts down your system completely. This happens because the memory becomes full. This is a minor problem of the router, which you can easily solve through power cycling mode.
- Before connecting with Xfinity customer care you must go through the process of power cycling.
- First, unplug your power cord
- wait for at least 10 to 20 seconds
- Now reconnect the power cord to your device
- Here you have to wait for 2 to 3 minutes
You will see if your LED lights turn on in solid blue. Power cycling mode removes a lot of errors if it doesn’t then you can go to customer support
Allow some time to pass
When we were doing a lot of research on this topic, then we found that you must give some time to deal with this problem.
We found this to be the best way to make your blinking blue light on the Xfinity router no internet go away.
When the blue light blinking indicator appears, then you are faced with a connectivity error which can also be due to the upgrade. So you need to have some patience.
It’s not uncommon for your Internet Service Provider to constantly introduce upgrading services in your services. After then, your internet connection may be disrupted for a period of time. If the problem persists, you can contact him, who will inform you that our system is currently in maintenance mode.
Cables should be examined
When your network signal connection is shaky, you’ll notice a flickering blue light on your screen. As a result, we recommend that you double-check your wires.
By doing this you will be able to know that none of the cables are bent or broken anywhere. . If it does then you should replace it with a new one and see if the blue light blinking problem is gone.
Close the distance between the router and the device
This issue is not caused by your internet service provider or a malfunctioning device. This is also common owing to great distances.
As a result, we recommend keeping your device in a location where it can connect to all of your other devices.
You will not be able to connect to the internet if it is too far away. You may get a WPS error when attempting to create a connection, as indicated by your router.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup can be turned on or off
You have to turn on your Wi-Fi Protected Setup mode option, after which the problem of activity xfinity router box blinking blue will go away to a great extent, if you do not know this process then we will tell you
- Go to the router configuration and access the main menu
- After this, you see the wireless settings
- Here click on the Basic Security Settings option
- After this you see WPS turn on and off option
- Make sure this button is set to On
- Now you can save all the settings by clicking on apply
After thoroughly checking the WPS mode, you restart your router after which you see that this problem has completely disappeared
Attempt a router reboot
If the difficulties persist, the router may need to be rebooted. This procedure takes time, but you will notice that the problem has been resolved fully. Let us know how you went about doing it.
- You must unplug your device fully from the power source.
- You’ll have to wait 10 to 20 seconds.
- This procedure brings an initial state to a close.
- After that, reconnect your device to the power source and wait for a while.
- The router makes an attempt to connect to the network.
- When the procedure is finished, you will see that the problem has vanished altogether.
Attempt a router reset
Now we’re going to inform you about the factory reset option, which will make the xfinity xfi modem blinking blue light problem, go away quickly. This is a sort of all-in-one solution to a variety of issues.
- The first step is to locate the reset button on your router, which could be on the back or front.
- You must then press and hold the reset button for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Then let go of this button and wait.
- This entire procedure can take up to ten minutes.
- The starbase will finish the connection whenever the router is turned on.
This procedure instructs your router to restore different settings, after which it is reconfigured and the WiFi device is updated.
Ensure that your router is dust-free.
When you don’t clean your router for a long time, it leads to an unforeseen problem: dust causes all kinds of errors.
When dust collects on them, it also collects within and begins to deteriorate various sorts of equipment. The sending and receiving components are therefore destroyed, and they are unable to receive or send signals properly.
As a result, we recommend cleaning your router on a regular basis. If you believe the dust has made its way inside, contact customer service.
We’d like to advise you to put the router in a secure location, whether inside or outside your home because it improves physical immunity.
Reduce the temperature of your router
You must have heard about overheating, due to which Xfinity starts giving the problem of Xfinity wifi router blinking blue. This overheating does not allow your router to work and the router does not establish a WPS connection at all. After that, the device may not even get proper internet connectivity.
That’s why we would say that if you are busy with your work or going out somewhere then turn off your router so that it can take time to cool down.
Now you know what approaches we used to solve this issue. Our solutions will also be able to save your router and other devices since they will begin to receive adequate connectivity and continue to function normally.
All you have to do now is pay close attention to the various forms of information provided above; if you are still having problems, you can contact customer service, who will be able to assist you in some way.