With the help of Xfinity remote, we perform various types of actions, which include changing the channel, going to the setting option, updating the system and other types of actions are also included.
Whenever there is a problem with the Xfinity remote, then our attention goes to fixing it but we are not able to do so. In the solution of this, we think that try unpairing Xfinity remote process, as a result of which your problem goes away.
As we keep on using the Xfinity cable box, some flaws start coming into it. One of these problems is also L-3, in such a situation we think of unpairing our voice remote.
To unpair Xfinity Remotes, We need to press the Setup button for 3 seconds until the status light turns from red to green.
Why We Need To Unpair Xfinity Remote Control
First, you need to know why we need to turn off or unpair your Xfinity Voice Remote with tv:
- Sometimes the buttons on the Xfinity remote control do not work properly. In this case, we have to unpair it. After some time it gets repaired and responds easily.
- When we connect our Xfinity voice remote to programming to control our Xfinity TV box, this process is called paring. Once this remote is connected it will not work with other TV boxes unless you break that connection. This process we call Xfinity remote unpairing process
- We need to unpair even if your TV remote is not working properly with Xfinity Cable Box.
- In case your current remote is not showing compatibility with your device, we think to check with a new remote. In this stage, we just unpair our old remote with an Xfinity device.
How to Unpair Xfinity Remote Control
If you have any problem with the Xfinity remote or your device, you try to turn off or unpair the pairing but you do not know how to unpair the Xfinity remote with the tv.
We are telling you the solution to this problem, for which you will have to follow the steps given below:
Unpair With the Setup button
You can unpair Xfinity remote using the setup button:
- Press and hold the Setup button for 3 seconds.
- You have to do this until the status light blinks from red to green.
- After this, enter 9-8-1 from the remote.
- If the status light blinks green light twice, then you know that your remote is unpaired.
Unpair Without a Setup button
You also need to know that without the setup button, can we unprogram Xfinity remote. In response to this, we can say that yes you absolutely can. For this you have to follow the steps given below:
- You have to press and hold the A and D buttons together for at least 3 seconds until it changes from red to green.
- After this again you have to press 9-8-1 and check if your status is blue blinked twice.
- If this happens, then you understand that your remote has been turned off, which means that it has come in unpaired condition.
With voice control
You can also complete this process with voice control, for which all you have to do is press and hold the voice button. Here say Remote Settings. Then choose Voice Remote Unparing. Follow the instructions on the TV with it.
Note: You may quickly connect your new remote to the TV box after this process is completed. One thing to keep in mind is that when you utilize the Xfinity Remote’s unpair feature, it will not listen to voice instructions.
Contact support for Issues
It can also happen when we wish to use the unpair Xfinity remote xr11 function but it isn’t working properly for some reason. Then you won’t have to be concerned during such times; instead, you may contact xfinity’s customer service.
To do this, you have to follow the steps given below:
- To begin, log in to your account.
- Then select Direct Message from the drop-down menu.
- You can then select New Message from this menu.
- Then put in Xfinity Support.
- The Xfinity Support option will display in the drop-down list in front of you.
- Tell the support team what trouble you’re having unpairing by typing your message here and hitting the send button.
Things to Do Before Unpair Xfinity Remote
In some cases, it has been observed when we try to unpair our Xfinity Remote that it doesn’t happen at all. In such a situation, you have to take special care of the following things:
- Check to see that the Xfinity remote’s battery is correctly plugged in whenever you want to unpair it.
- If the battery in your remote is low, you can replace it with a new one.
- Before you start pairing, make sure your Xfinity TV or cable box isn’t too far away.
- If unpairing doesn’t work, try shutting off your Xfinity device with the power cord and then restarting it.
We hope that you have been able to explain the process of unpair xfinity remote very well. We have also tried to understand all its stages.
But if you still can’t unpair your remote then we suggest you talk to the support team.
Otherwise, read carefully all the information given on the xfinity manual guide and read the step-by-step methods carefully from there. You are going to get a lot of help from here.