As you know, schlage lock is a special type of high-end deadbolt lock that protects your home and office with a variety of security features. It also connects easily to your mobile, for this we need an internet connection, which is available to it with the help of your wifi or router.
As we keep using it in our daily life, only then some problems are seen in it, in which there is the problem of schlage encode won’t connect to wifi. This problem also comes at the time of Change Code On Schlage Lock.
Over time, you get increasingly concerned about why this lock isn’t working. Today, we’ll look at why the schlage lock smart lock won’t connect to the internet and what options are available.
Why is Schlage Encode Not Connecting to WiFi
First and foremost, you must understand why your schlage lock is unable to connect to the internet. What are the various causes behind this?
Whenever you connect this lock with your WiFi, it does not connect automatically, for this we have to do a manual setup after which this lockbox works in your current location.
We are giving some checklists, which you must have kept in mind, only then you will be able to understand this problem better.
- Sometimes it happens that we set up our wifi in someplace from where your schlage lock is not able to get the range. Then this problem increases.
- For some reason, you use an incompatible access point or network, then it does not connect to WiFi.
- If there is some kind of fault in the WiFi such as software or hardware, it will not connect to your WiFi at all.
- Security settings in WiFi should always be on, if the lock will not get authorization then it definitely creates problem in connecting.
Tips For Schlage Encode Will Not Connect to WiFi
Before moving on to a detailed solution, we tell you some quick solutions, with the help of which you can solve this problem in minutes.
- Your WiFi network must be set up with a 2.4 GHz band.
- Your WiFi network should always be password-protected so that no one can access it.
- If the network is hidden for some reason, then you can manually enter it by going to the WiFi network app.
- To connect the schlage lock to wifi, you can restore its key settings, which is possible by using the factory reset option.
This was all a great solution, with the help of which this problem is easily solved.
How to Fix Schlage Encode Won’t Connect to Internet
We hope that the above quick solutions worked for you and your schlage encode unable to connect to wifi problem will also be resolved.
However, if you continue to have problems, we will direct you to a detailed solution that will walk you through the process step by step, allowing you to fix your problem.
Double check your login details
Whenever you connect schlage encode to your WiFi, it asks you to enter the password, so you always have to make sure that the correct password is entered in it. Because of this, you also face schlage lock not unlocking with key problems.
If you continuously enter the erroneous password, your WiFi will deem you unverified and limit your access for a period of time.
As a result, avoid using poor or incorrect passwords on a regular basis.
You can also use a simple password but it should be secure so that no one else can misuse it.
Try to comes in range
Schlage encode does not connect to wifi. For this, the range of WiFi routers also becomes responsible as WiFi coverage varies.
Because of the walls, furniture, and other obstructions in your home, your WiFi router sends out strong signals that are not efficiently disseminated.
Furthermore, it does not even reach the schlage encode lock, in which case it will not function properly and will undoubtedly cause you trouble.
Check router status
Usually, we can easily connect our schlage encode to WiFi. Even after connecting, it does not work properly because you have to cross-check that there is no technical fault in the router.
If your router goes down, schlage encoding will be disconnected. Always pay close attention to the indicator of the router’s lights blinking in such a case.
If this indicator is disabled, your router may be experiencing a technical issue, which you can resolve by having it replaced or repaired.
Reboot your device
schlage lock is completely dependent on the wifi network, for this you should always think about what you can do in such a situation because schlage encode will not connect to wifi then problems will definitely put you in trouble.
In this case, you can turn off your device and turn it on again after a few minutes. By doing this, various types of problems are removed because it is also a form of booting purpose.
- For this, you remove all the power cables associated with the schlage encode.
- Wait at least 5 minutes after removing.
- After waiting, plug the removed cables again and after waiting for some time you will see that your schlage lock is running.
Update your schlage
Schlage lock not connecting to wifi problem bothers you more when you are not able to use it at all and your security system gets disturbed.
In this case, we recommend that you upgrade your schlage lock device on a regular basis. It effortlessly fixes numerous issues after updating and provides you with convenience by allowing you to connect to WiFi with ease.
Maintain a strong connection
schlage encode is a device used by a WiFi connection so always make sure that WiFi provides strong connectivity to your device.
If there is any problem in connectivity due to technical problem or weather problem then schlage lock will not work so we suggest you always upgrade your plan.
You can also do this with a fresh plan. Speak with your internet service provider and keep an eye on your speed. Your WiFi router schlage lock provides the finest connectivity when the speed has been enhanced.
Try restore factory settings
If the above solution has not removed your inconvenience, then we are telling you a great solution, with the help of which schlage encode works easily.
You can use the factory reset option of your device which will test for different types of problems and do their best to fix them.
Keep in mind that whenever you use these settings, your lock will reset various pre-settings and any user codes that you used will also be deleted as it will enter a default mode.
Let us know how to perform it.
- You have to pay attention that first of all remove the battery cover from your schlage lock.
- Here you will see the reset button, which is in the shape of a circle.
- Now press and hold the reset button.
- After 3 seconds your lock red light flashes.
- Here you keep holding the reset button continuously until the red flashlight stops.
- After this process is completed, you see a solid blue light which means that this factory reset option has been completed.
We hope that the problem of schlage encode wifi issues is fixed now and you are getting a great connection.
If you’re still having trouble, look into the WiFi network’s bandwidth, signal strength, and password; alternatively, you can obtain help from the schlage lock community through technical support.