Any status light billing on your Wemo device indicates that there is a problem with the device that requires immediate care. The problem with the Belkin Wemo light switch blinking orange is one of them. Normally, when we use this gadget, we do not have any issues, but this problem persists from time to time for a variety of reasons. We will discuss this in this tutorial and arrive at a solution as quickly as feasible.
The orange light starts billing when the Belkin Wemo Switch is unable to connect to WiFi. This is frequently discovered as a result of a loss of WiFi access. This may need you to check your WiFi connection, restart, reconfigure, and perform a factory reset, after which the issue should be rectified.
Why Is My Wemo Light Switch Blinking Orange
Let us first know some reasons due to which wemo light switch flashing orange:
- The loss of Wi-Fi connection is the most common cause of this issue.
- If you have installed your device far away from the router, this problem may become worse.
- This issue also emerges as a result of a problem with the power cycle.
- You recently acquired a new internet connection, but it isn’t fast enough, therefore your Wemo light switch turns orange because it requires a fast internet connection.
- If there is a software or hardware problem with the router, you will be able to view it.
- The software for the Wemo light switch is updated periodically, however, if you do not update it, it will cause problems.
How to Wemo Light Switch Blinking Orange
This problem is easily solved with the help of some simple steps, for which you just have to follow some steps and you will see that the problem of wemo wall switch blinking orange will disappear within minutes.
Restart the light switch on your Wemo
You must have noticed many times that restarting the device fixes the problem on its own. Similarly, whenever the orange light starts blinking on your wemo device. Then you can immediately put it in the restart process.
You can use two methods to restart. The first of these is the normal restart process, for which the help of the power button has to be taken. The second is power cycling, with the help of which it completes the reboot process in a correct way.
- You can easily see the reset button on wemo device to perform a normal reboot.
- After that, you press the reboot button for 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds it starts rebooting automatically and enters setup mode.
- Now you can reconfigure it through your wemo application.
Whenever you use this process, you might not be able to find the reboot button on your wemo device. So you know how to do it:
- First of all, unplug the wemo light switch from the power outlet. Now, wait for at least 20 to 30 seconds.
- After waiting, plug the wemo device on the wall again.
- As soon as this process is done, your orange light blinking problem is resolved and the device is re-configured.
- When using power cycling, you have to keep in mind that if you have more than one wemo light switch then all of them may have to be removed and installed one by one.
Reset the Wemo to factory defaults
You’ve probably heard of the factory reset feature. We often continue to do so because it is a clever technique. Performing a factory reset returns the Wemo light switch to its original state.
From here it sets the settings to the default mode, whatever settings you entered are removed.
- To carry out this process, you have to open the wemo application.
- From here you have to select the edit option which is installed on your upper right screen.
- Even after this click on wemo light switch option.
- From here the factory reset option is presented in front of you, which you have to click and reset your device.
- It will definitely take some time but it will solve your problem forever.
Check! Do you have access to the internet?
We rush to the reset and reboot option, but it does not care whether our internet is working or not or if there is a technical problem with the router.
Therefore, our suggestion is that before using different types of options, definitely check the internet connectivity whether it is being received or not.
You may also utilize various sorts of network speed test tools for this, which will provide you with better results. After you’ve received the problem, you can report it to your Internet Service Provider and get wemo outlet flashing orange fixed.
The router should always be rebooted
Checking internet connection becomes very important from time to time when you use a smart device. Wemo light switch is installed in your home or office, but the problem of blinking orange light often comes. For this, it is very important to always check the connectivity of your router.
If any problems are found then you can restart the router. Follow the steps below to restart:
- The first thing you need to do is unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait here for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Now replug the router.
- In this position, you have to wait for at least 60 seconds.
- After waiting for 2 to 3 minutes overall, your router reboots and goes for reconfiguration.
- After getting better connectivity, it also gets connected and you do not get to see internet-related problems.
The router should be moved
Have you ever noticed that your Wemo light switch won’t turn on or that your internet connection isn’t working? The location of the router is also important in this regard because if the router is put at a great distance from your wemo smart device, internet connectivity will be unavailable.
So try that whenever you install your router, keep it in a centralized location from where it can provide a normal amount of network connectivity to all the devices.
Try the “plugin and plug out” method
Re-plugin fixes the belkin wemo light switch blinking orange problem very quickly. Because it goes into the setup board and reconfigures the network. For this simply you have to disconnect your wemo device and reconnect it again. As soon as you go to reconnect, you will easily fix the problem by logging into the application.
Restart the network
This type of smart device of yours runs on different types of network lists for which you can refresh this network list from your device. For this, simply you have to press and hold the reset button for at least 5 seconds.
As soon as you release this button, the network list starts refreshing. In a way, it is considered the same process as rebooting. When the network refreshes start, you will also be able to see a list of the entire network in your wemo application.
Update wemo light switch
As we mentioned the reason for the wemo light switch blinking orange is also not updating the firmware.
Generally, people forget about this but we suggest you always be aware of this updation because when you do not complete the updating process then the working efficiency of wemo light switch decreases. Therefore, you must keep completing the update process from time to time.
look for an outage
If there is a problem in your area due to a technical issue, weather failure, or other factors, the internet’s functionality will be reduced or halted for a period of time. In this case, you can wait for a while until you regain internet connectivity, following which the problem will be simply remedied.
Keep track of your internet bills
Have you not paid the bill for your internet connection? If this is the case then your router will not work properly and will not provide connectivity.
In such a situation, your wemo light switch which is based on WiFi connectivity also will not respond and will continue to give you indication through blinking orange light. So always pay your internet bill on time.
We have told you different types of methods above, with the help of which the problem of orange light blinking on wemo light switch goes away.
Well, it’s just a connectivity issue, and network connectivity is largely to blame. All you have to do now is a reboot, power cycle, factory reset, or verify your connectivity, and the problem will be resolved.