How to change yahoo password? Here is a quick fix for you. Your Yahoo password keeps secured all your yahoo services including immensely vital email service. Yahoo password is vital and cannot be shared or forgotten in any way. However, in reality, it not always happens as you can forget the password anytime or you may need to reset your password or Yahoo Account Recovery for a security reason.
In fact, it is practicable to change your password periodically to keep your email service completely safe and secure. In this era of cloud computing and expanded use of email service, cyber crime has also been increasing simultaneously. You cannot take any risk, so changing Yahoo periodically is the most suitable option to protect your important data from cyber criminals.
How To Change Yahoo Password On iPhone
You can change the Yahoo mail password in some simple steps. We explain here how you can change or reset the Yahoo mail password on your desktop or smartphone.
First, open Yahoo website from your browser or search engine. As you access the Yahoo homepage, you can quickly spot tow icons. First one is the “Sign in” option and the second one is “Mail”. Both are displayed on the right-hand corner of your desktop or laptop display. The “Mail” icon is also displayed on the left-hand corner along with several other options or icons like News, Finance, Lifestyle, and Movies. To change the Yahoo password follow the following steps:
- Sign in to your yahoo account security page.
- As you sign in, your identity icon (as you have set like your photo or any other image) appears in a small circle.
- Place the indicator on that icon and a small window opens showing your name with Yahoo account. Below it, you could find the option “Account info”.
- As you click on that option a new page opens up. In the left-hand side of the page, four options are shown: Personal Info, Account Security, Recent activity, and Preferences.
- Click on “Account Security”.
- As you click on the above option, some new options open up. In the rightmost side, you could see “Change Yahoo Password”. Click this option.
- As you click the option “Change Password”, Yahoo will ask you to prove that you are not a robot. Click on the box shown there. As you click it a few images with direction appear to prove that you are not a robot.
- Follow the instructions there and then click on “Continue”
Yahoo Number For How To Recover Yahoo Email
- A new page opens up with a heading “set a new password”. A short note could also be seen there. It says, “Choose a password that you’re not using on other accounts. For security reasons, you will need to enter your new password across all of your devices.” This means, after changing the password on desktop, you have to re-sign in on other devices as well like your smartphones and tabs wherever you are already using Yahoo number and yahoo email.
- Now create a new password and confirm the new password. Both the fields are clearly visible on the webpage.
- Your new password is created now.
- Yahoo may ask you to update or provide a recovery email Id. This is required in case you lose some vital information about this recover yahoo account.
How to Recover Yahoo Password In Case You Lost It
This is a common occurrence, especially when you use multiple accounts. However, the latest version of Yahoo always gives you an option to Yahoo Account Recovery for email. It is easy, authentic and fast. Let’s follow the steps below:
- As you see the “Sign in” option on the right-hand upper corner of the Yahoo page, click on it.
- If you have any problem in signing in such as you have forgotten the password, click on the option “Trouble in Signing in?”. In some cases, the option may read as “difficulty in signing in?”.
- Sign-in with an email address and provide the email address or the mobile number you had given at the time of creating the account. If you have forgotten both then you have to depend on the next options.
- Recovery phone number – If you had saved a recovery phone number then you can use it, otherwise hot.
- Recovery email address – If you had saved a yahoo mail recovery then you can use it, otherwise hot.
Always, place a how to recover yahoo email address and recovery phone number to keep your account safe, you don’t know when this information will come in handy.
Now, let’s discuss these three options one by one:
Sign-in email address
As you put your Yahoo email address, you will be directed to a page showing your mobile number. Yahoo sends a verification code to this number. Yahoo shows two options:
- “Yes, text me a verification code”
- “I don’t have access to this phone”
If you click on the first option, a verification code is sent to your mobile number, as you put the verification code on the Yahoo page, you are directed to new account password page where you have to set a new password as we’ve already discussed above. In this way, you can change the Yahoo password easily.
If you choose to provide the mobile number, Yahoo sends a verification code to that mobile number. As you put the verification code, you are directed to a new password reset page. Here, you have to follow the same procedure as stated above in the changing Yahoo password option. While using this option, you could see a small “Edit” icon in the right corner where you have put the recovery phone number. This option is for the following reason:
- You can put another mobile number instead of the primary mobile number.
- This alternative phone number should already be registered with yahoo as your secondary account recovery mobile number; otherwise, Yahoo doesn’t accept it at the time of password recovering procedure.
How Do I Recover My Yahoo Password With Phone Number?
If you have already registered a recovery phone number in the account setting option, then you can use that phone number to reset your password. This process is easy and fast:
- Type the mobile number in the given field on your computer screen.
- You will get a five-digit verification code is sent to the registered recovery mobile number.
- Put that verification code on the computer screen as directed.
- You are redirected to accounts password resetting page – complete it accordingly.
Trouble In Signing In Directly To Your Yahoo Mail
Now, if you are trying to sign in directly to your Yahoo mail recovery (the envelope icon) and have forgotten your password, follow the steps mentioned below
- Spot the option “Difficulty in signing in?” :
- You are redirected to password recovery page with the same three options:
- Sign in the email address or phone number
- Recovery mobile number
- Yahoo login help Recovery email address
Follow the same procedure as described before to reset or change yahoo password and start using your email once again.
Change or Reset Your Yahoo Password From Mobile Phone
If you are already using Yahoo mail on your smartphone, then the app must be there. Always keep the app updated. To change the password from your mobile phone, follow the steps below:
- If you have not signed in, then do that at first. On clicking the app icon, you get the sign-in option easily. Insert your email address, press on the “Next” button, and then insert your existing password.
- You are now inside your Yahoo mail. Press the “Menu” icon, it is visible on the left upper corner.
- Several options now appear such as “Add another mailbox”, “Manage Accounts”, and “settings”. Press the option “Manage Accounts”.
- Your account name or Yahoo Id appears now; below it, you can find the “account info” option. Select that option (press it).
- As a new window opens up, you could see several options there. Press on “Security settings”.
- Again a new window opens up, select the password changing the option and follow the instructions provided there. You have to put a new password and re-enter it in the next field for confirmation.
- Press “Continue”. It resets your password and redirects your screen to the yahoo inbox.
Generate App Password f\For A One-Time Use Of Yahoo Mail
In many occasions, Yahoo users use third-party apps to use yahoo instead of Yahoo’s own mobile app. If you are also doing so, ensure that the app you are using is secure. In case you need to use your yahoo account from a third-party app for emergency use, you can access the option “Generate app password” option visible under “Account Security” option on the laptop or desktop. It creates a onetime password for a one-time use of your yahoo account from a third-party app. The process is as follows:
- Select the option “Generate app password”.
- A small window will open with the heading “App passwords”.
- Follow the instruction there to generate a password for the app you want to use. A number of options are shown such as Android email, iPhone mail, iPad mail, etc. Choose the correct app and click “Generate password”.
- A password for one-time use appears on your computer screen with detailed instruction of how to use it in the app.
Two-step Account Security To Keep Your Account Safe
Changing password periodically is always a good and logical idea to keep your account safe from hackers. But, you don’t have any idea how cleaver these hackers are! As extra security, you can follow the two-step verification process. This is more relevant if you use Yahoo mail in public places or regularly use random computers to access your account. Using a two-step verification process is easy. Just follow the step below for a minor change in your account setting:
- Spot the two-step verification option as visible under account security option.
- Push the button visible on the left side (it is now in “off mode”).
- As you push the button on, Yahoo asks for a mobile number. Put the verification mobile number.
- Yahoo sends verification code; use the code as directed for confirmation.
- This changes the account settings. Now on, a verification code will be sent every time you try to sign in.
A Few Important Things To Remember
- Always register alternative mobile number and email id, these help you to recover or reset your password later.
- You can add more than one recovery mobile number and email id.
- Use Yahoo app on a smartphone, it is more secure than a third-party mobile app.
- In case you are using a third-party app or need to use a third-party app in an emergency, better to generate a one-time password.
FAQ’s For Yahoo Help
How do I call Yahoo customer service?
You need to follow yahoo customer service phone number for more information on . It is available 24/7 with the best support also.
How do I recover my Yahoo password?
Click on yahoo login page>Tap to forgot password yahoo>Yahoo sends a verification code to that recovery email>Now, you have to put the verification code on the computer screen as directed>Providian authentic email id that you use regularly.
How do I reset my Yahoo Mail password?
Hit the Menu symbol> Valve Control Accounts> Tap Statement info> Click on Security perspectives> Spout Yahoo Change password> Access the current password and its recognition and guard Renew.
Yahoo has kept open several options for changing, recovering, or resetting Yahoo password. You just need to know the process and follow the steps as discussed here. In extreme case, you can contact yahoo’s customer service for further assistance.