The Yahoo password is extremely important and should never be shared or forgotten. However, this is not always the case, as you may forget your password and need to change the password or restore your Yahoo account for security reasons. That’s why we are looking for a way to Yahoo Account Recovery.
In fact, it’s a good idea to change your password regularly to keep your email service secure. Cyber risks are also increasing in this era of increased use of cloud computing and email services. You can’t take any risks, so it’s essential to switch Yahoo from time to time to protect your sensitive data from thieves.
All you have to do is visit https://login.yahoo.com/forgot. From here choose the phone number method, and click on the option “Yes, text me an account key”. After which Yahoo will send you a text message with your account key to the registered phone number within minutes. Now all you have to do is enter your account key and click on the “Verify” option.
Yahoo Account Recovery Related Solutions
Change Yahoo Password
You can change the Yahoo mail password in some simple steps. We explain here how you can change or reset the Yahoo mail password on your desktop or smartphone.
- By clicking the gear symbol in the top right corner of your Yahoo window, you can access your Yahoo account settings.
- You can access your account details from here.
- Now, go to Yahoo Account Security and enter your current password.
- The option “Change Password” will appear. Select it by clicking on it.
- Here you must establish a new password.
- Type the new password twice to confirm.
- By choosing “Continue,” you may save your modifications.
Reset your Forgot Yahoo password
If you have forgotten your Yahoo password, you can use the password reset option to regain access to the account.
- You can use Sign-in Helper for yahoo account recovery which is the best way. Always use Yahoo’s password reset and account recovery tool to avoid any further problems.
- The steps are being mentioned below:
- Visit the Sign-in Helper using the official Yahoo website.
- The account recovery items listed here must be entered.
- Then click on continue.
- You will come across some instructions which will be given with the help of Sign-in Helper.
- The account will be reset within minutes.
Recover Password With Phone Number
If you’ve already registered a recovery phone number in the Account Settings option, you can Recover Yahoo Password With a Phone Number.
This process is easy and fast:
- Go to Yahoo’s website.
- Type the mobile number in the field provided on your computer screen.
- You will be sent a five-digit verification code on the registered recovery mobile number.
- Place that verification code on the computer screen as instructed.
- You are redirected to the account password reset page.
- Complete it accordingly.
Yahoo mail Recovery
Now, if you are trying to sign in directly to your Yahoo mail recovery (the envelope icon) and have forgotten your password, follow the steps mentioned below
- Spot the option “Difficulty in signing in?” :
- You are redirected to the password recovery page with the three options:
- Sign in to the email address or phone number
- Recovery mobile number
- Yahoo login help Recovery email address
Change or Reset Password From Iphone
If you are already using Yahoo Mail on your iPhone, then the app is a must-have. Always keep the app updated. To Change or Reset Yahoo Password From Iphone, follow the steps below:
- If you are not signed in, do so first. By clicking on the app icon, you get the option of sign-in in easily.
- Enter your email address, press the “Next” button, and then enter your current password.
- You are now inside your Yahoo Mail.
- Press the “Menu” icon, it appears on the left upper corner.
- Now several options appear such as “Add another mailbox”, “Manage accounts” and “Settings”.
- From here press the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Your account name or Yahoo Id now appears; Below that, you can find the “Account Information” option. Select that option.
- As a new window opens, you can see several options there. Press on “Security Settings”.
- Again a new window opens, choose the option Changing Password and follow the instructions given there.
- You will need to enter a new password and re-enter it in the next field for confirmation.
- Press “Continue”.
- This will reset your password and your screen redirects to Yahoo inbox.
Generate One-Time App Password
On many occasions, Yahoo users use third-party apps to access Yahoo instead of Yahoo’s own mobile app. If you are also doing this then make sure that the app you are using is secure.
If you need to access your Yahoo account from a third-party app for emergency use, you can access the “Generate App Password” option that appears under the “Account Security” option on a laptop or desktop.
This generates a one-time password for one-time access to your Yahoo account from a third-party app.
The process is as follows:
- Select the option “Generate Application Password”.
- A small window will open with the title “App Password”.
- Follow the instructions there to generate the password for the app you want to use.
- Several options are shown like Android Email, iPhone Mail, iPad Mail, etc.
- Select the correct app and click “Generate Password”.
- A one-time use password appears on your computer screen with detailed instructions on how to use it in the app.
Apply Two-step Account Security
It is always a good and logical idea to change the password from time to time to keep your account safe from hackers. But, you have no idea how clever they are!
As an added security, you can follow a two-step verification process. This is more relevant if you use Yahoo Mail in public places or regularly use random computers to access your account.
Easy to use two-step verification process. To make minor changes to your account settings, simply follow the steps below:
- Spot the two-step verification option that appears under the Account Security option.
- Press the button that appears on the left.
- As soon as you press the button, Yahoo asks for a mobile number.
- Enter the verification mobile number.
- Yahoo sends the verification code; Use the code directed for confirmation.
- This changes the account settings.
- From now on, a verification code will be sent every time you try to sign in.
Things To Remember
- Always register alternative mobile number and email id, these help you to recover or reset your password later.
- You can add more than one recovery mobile number and email id.
- Use Yahoo app on a smartphone, it is more secure than a third-party mobile app.
- In case you are using a third-party app or need to use a third-party app in an emergency, better to generate a one-time password.
Yahoo has kept open several options for changing, recovering, or resetting Yahoo passwords. You just need to know the process and follow the steps as discussed here. In extreme cases, you can contact yahoo’s customer service for further assistance.