We use a CenturyLink modem or router that is installed in your home or office. Suddenly an internet connection error comes in it, after that you are not able to use its features. Through this guide, we will know what is the meaning and solution of CenturyLink modem blinking blue light?
Centurylink router’s lights are blinking blue, this means that the router is trying to connect to the internet or it is ready to be paired. If it is blinking continuously then the problem could also be due to a lack of firmware upgrade, because as a result your modem will be unable to establish a proper connection, and this situation will persist in front of you.
Why Is My Centurylink Modem Flashing Blue
Now we have discussed in detail the reasons why the CenturyLink modem flashes blue, after which you can understand what can be the reasons for not connecting to the Internet.
- If something goes wrong with your CenturyLink modem or router, it won’t work properly, the Internet won’t work, and you’ll have connection drops, as well as speed fluctuations. All this is due to the light blinking blue of the CenturyLink modem.
- A unique type of power supply cord is provided with the router to run the internet connection continuously. We must always use this power cord; otherwise, you will continue to have internet connectivity problems.
- To save money, we sometimes use cheap power cords and as a result the problem gets worse. After that, your modem may be damaged as a result of compatibility issue.
- When there is any problem with the splitter, it stops working. As a result, the blinking blue problem of the CenturyLink router can also be seen.
- If your CenturyLink modem doesn’t respond and all the lights stay on or off, your modem is likely damaged. In this situation you will not be able to connect to the internet and the problem will remain unresolved.
- What if this boot-up sequence doesn’t work properly and due to this various kinds of problems start with internet connectivity. Then you will see that the CenturyLink modem keeps blinking blue will definitely appear in front of you
Step to Fix Centurylink Modem Flashing Blue
Let’s take a closer look at the causes listed above and see what we can do about them today. After that, you will notice that the CenturyLink router blinking blue error has vanished from your view.
Examine the Wireless Setup
You should be able to set up Centurylink wifi with ease. If you are not aware of this, you will be confronted with the problem of blue light blinking. After that, you must properly configure WiFi to resolve the issue.
You can resolve this issue by contacting customer service or following the instructions in the handbook where all forms of information are made available to you in a step-by-step manner. This comprehensive data is dependent on the type of gadget used.
Let’s take a look at the big picture.
- To begin, you must turn off all of the broadband modem’s power sources.
- After some time has passed, you must connect the power adapter to the CenturyLink adapter on the panel.
- The adapter is then plugged into an AC outlet, and the cable is then connected to the broadband modem, after which the modem must supply power once more.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the network port for a wide area network.
- After that, you’ll notice that your internet is operational.
Check Basic Settings
From time to time, you will also need to take into account the basic settings of your CenturyLink modem to get an internet connection.
If any setting goes wrong then you are bound to face the problem of the CenturyLink router blinking blue.
- To overcome this you can simply log in to your router.
- Now you see the panel, from here click on the Settings option
- Network and Internet option is available inside it, where your connectivity status is given.
- You can also change the network settings inside the option
- Otherwise, you can also use the network troubleshooter option
Only restart the router
The best way to easily fix the CenturyLink C4000 Modem blinking blue problem is to reboot the router or modem. By doing this, various types of problems are fixed and you can easily use the services of the Internet.
Let us know how this process is completed
Unplug the router and modem: If you utilize various types of network hardware or network switches, you must unplug them all from your router in this case. After that, you’ll be able to avoid a variety of problems.
Wait for at least 30 seconds: Your router or modem will now go into a sort of offline mode, where it will finish the cooling process. All of these steps can take up to 30 seconds to finish.
Connect the modem: The power button must now be pressed. The device then begins to establish an internet connection.
Wait at least 60 seconds: At this point, the modem authentication and assignment of a public IP address begins, which could take up to 60 seconds.
Allow at least 2 minutes to pass: You must wait at least 2 minutes after this process is completed. Here, your router is finishing the startup procedure before being issued an IP address.
As soon as it does this process completely then your problem disappears easily.
For some reason your line blue light blinking problem is not resolved by booting up the modem then there may be an error in this process. In such a situation, you can easily check it by going to the Network Troubleshooter option.
Change internet plan
It’s possible that the issue isn’t with your network or modem, but rather with your internet subscription. In this case, you should conduct an internet speed test to obtain information about the actual speed.
After that, if you believe the problem is caused by your existing plan, you can increase it to acquire a faster internet connection, which will solve the blue light blinking problem.
Please contact Customer Service
If the preceding solutions do not work for you, we recommend contacting Centurylink customer service to resolve the blue light blinking issue. You will be able to obtain information about better solutions from this location.
Customer service representatives test your router via the internet. If it is found to have a serious flaw, it is replaced with a new Century Link router or modem.
Try to Plug-In Directly
Different types of splitters are responsible for moving your internet connection from place to place. But due to a fault in the splitter, you are having trouble with the connection. In this case, you can also attach your internet modem with direct cables.
After that, this problem is easily solved. This means that the main problems were in your splitter, which you can also replace.
DSL light should be checked
You should also be conscious of the condition of the DSL light, which indicates whether or not your internet wires are plugged in and out.
As a result, we can deduce that there is an issue with the Ethernet wires.
If an issue is discovered, the Ethernet wires can be replaced in this situation.
Firmware update for modem
The software application is responsible for the proper operation of the Centurylink modem or router. It should be updated on a regular basis because it is always adding new features and improving its performance.
If it does not update, the problem of the CenturyLink modem glowing blue may worsen in front of you; please let us know how you resolved it.
- You have to log in to CenturyLink router using your web browser
- From here you have to enter the admin username and admin password
- Now a menu appears in the utility icon in front of you, inside which you have to select the upgrade from option.
- If the firmware update is available then you can get it by clicking on the download button and installing it.
Reset modem to factory defaults
Resetting a CenturyLink modem brings it back to factory default settings, then erases all custom settings. This includes your static IP, setup DNS, password, WiFi settings, and DHCP settings.
As soon as this whole process is completed then the problem of blinking blue on CenturyLink modem also disappears easily. Let us know how these steps are done.
- We are telling you the manual way to reset the CenturyLink router which is very easy.
- The reset button is given in your modem with the option of red color.
- You have to press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds, as soon as you release this button, your router’s power lights appear to change to amber color.
- Here you wait for 5 to 10 minutes and your modem takes to complete the factory reset process
- When this process is completed, the power light of the router blinks again in orange color.
- Here you have to complete the modem activation process, for this account login information is asked.
- After entering all this information, you see that the internet light blinks in green color. This indicates that you have internet access
The numerous sorts of processes are well mentioned above, and your problem blue blinking light on the CenturyLink modem is easily resolved.
If you still have a problem, you can get assistance from the technical staff.